No.1: MKG Scholarship
Launch date: 11th July 2018
MKG Scholarship for girls below the age of 18. Read more: https://chessbase.in/news/MKG_Scholarship_for_girls_below_18
Priyanka's performances after she won the scholarship:
2. Became the National under-17 champion in September 2018
3. 26th place at the World Youth 2018 in the under-18 girls section.
4. 10th place at National Women's Championship in November 2018
5. 11th place at National Juniors Girls in December 2018
6. Gained 25 Elo at Delhi International in January 2019
7. 50th place at Aeroflot Open C in February 2019
8. 5th place at Asian Youth 2019 under-18 in April 2019
9. 9th place at TN state championships in the open section in May 2019
10. Maiden IM norm, maiden WGM norm and 2nd WIM norm at the 2nd Goa GM 2019 in June 2019
No.2: Chess Guru Academy Scholarship
Launch date: 17th August 2018
A lot of people applied for this scholarship and we contacted all the candidates. However, none of them wanted to shift their base to Mumbai and hence the ideal candidate was unfortunately not found.
No.3: Pursue your chess scholarship
Launch date: 5th September 2018
Sammed's performance after he won the scholarship:
4th place at National Juniors in December 2018
42nd rank at National Championships in Jammu in December 2018
31st rank at Delhi GM International in January 2019
79th place at 2nd Goa GM International 2019
No.4: Dennis Kow Scholarship
Launch date: 7th December 2018
28th place at the IPCA World Championships 2019 in Slovakia in June 2019
Samarth finished 2nd at the World Juniors for the disabled and won the gold in the physically disabled section in USA in July 2019
More scholarship and donations will be listed down here as and when they are released.
HelpChess is an initiative by ChessBase India Foundation. It is the banner under which we want to continue all our charitable activities. The name clearly mentions what we are aiming for. We are looking for individuals who would like to help the talents of Indian chess by donating money or instituting a scholarship or donating in kind, so that the financial burdens on the players who come from humble background are reduced to an extent. The logo of HelpChess clearly shows this philosophy.
There are many people all over the world who want to contribute financially to the growth of Indian chess. There are many talents in India who are in need of these finances. HelpChess aims to act as a bridge. We believe that when ordinary people come together and contribute, extraordinary things can happen to our chess society.
ChessBase India Foundation
A/C No. 50200031999591
Branch Name :- GHATKOPAR EAST-TILAK ROAD
Branch Address :- 001 / 002, Samyak Darshan, Junction Of Tilak Road & Vallabh Baug Lane, Mumbai,
IFSC CODE :- HDFC0000118